- This event has passed.
Fashion in Film: The September Issue
May 18 at 9:30 PM - 11:00 PM
This five-part film series, presented in conjunction with the exhibition A Queen Within: Adorned Archetypes, considers the role of fashion in modern society and takes an in-depth look at some of the industry’s most influential tastemakers.
- Friday, March 2, 6:30 pm: The Legacy of Alexander McQueen
- Saturday, March 3, 2 pm: The First Monday in May
- Saturday, April 7, 2 pm: Manolo: The Boy Who Made Shoes for Lizards
- Friday, April 20, 7 pm: Bangaologia: The Science of Style and Sapeurs: The Men Inside the Suits
- Friday, May 18, 9:30 pm: The September Issue
ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE
The September Issue is a 2009 documentary film about the behind-the-scenes drama that follows editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and her staff during the production of the September 2007 issue of Vogue magazine — traditionally the biggest and most important issue of the year. It depicts the effort that goes into making the magazine, and the passion that Grace Coddington, a former model turned creative director and the only person who dares to stand up to Wintour, has for the highly regarded fashion periodical. In the film, Coddington is often portrayed as the leading victim to Wintour’s aggressive personality. The film features appearances by many well-known and influential people in the fashion industry, including John Galliano, Oscar de la Renta, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Karl Lagerfeld, and Vera Wang. (Rated PG-13 | 2009 | 1 hour, 30 minutes)
Watch the trailer: